Reduce Junk Mail & Save Natural Resources
Junk mail. Who needs it!? Not only is it annoying and a waste of time to manage, it consumes a great deal of natural resources. American households combined receive enough junk mail to equal more than 100 million trees a year. And we spend up to 8 months of our lives dealing with it.(1) Yikes!
Good news – with CatalogChoice you can easily unsubscribe from the junk mail you receive! This free service helps you:
- Save trees
- Reduce water consumption
- Decrease greenhouse gas emissions
- Save time – spend less time sifting through each company’s unsubscribe process to find out how, and managing an overflowing mailbox or recycle bin
So many wins! To get started, visit CatalogChoice.org and follow these easy steps:
- Click the “Sign Up” button and create an account.
- Click the confirmation link in your email to confirm your account and log in.
- Start canceling your catalogs by clicking “Cancel a Catalog” and type the catalog name to search.
- Select the catalog you want to unsubscribe from and CatalogChoice will tell you exactly what you need to do to unsubscribe, provide the direct link to do it, or take care of it for you!
To make this even easier, I bookmarked the website on my phone so I can get to it quickly when I check the mail. There are some companies that aren’t in CatalogChoice’s database yet, but I just take care of those on my own.
I’ve been using this service for a few months now and have drastically reduced the junk mail I receive. Please share this so others can too!
How about you? Have you used this service or others to reduce your junk mail and conserve natural resources? Let us know in the comments if you have any recommendations!
1 – ThoughtCo: How to Stop Receiving Junk Mail
Spectrum’s opt out link (Google Spectrum opt out) –
NOTE: If receiving in name “current resident” – current is first name/resident is last name.
You can also add past residents to the opt out list – if receiving spectrum mail in additional names!
These are great tips, Jane! Thanks so much.